There are 5 ways of creating Membership Rule (Device Collection)
- Direct Rule
- Query Rule
- Device Category rule
- Include Collections
- Exclude Collections
1. Direct Rule – Direct rule are use for one time add – User or Device
2. Query Rule – These method is most easiest and very much common method in SCCM. You have the Fallibility to Create any kind of a Device collection method using this method.
3. Include Collections – This method will inject another collection directly to this Collection. (eg. A+b)
4. Exclude Collections – This will remove Directly another Collection Computers from Collection (eg. A-B)
For the IP Base Device Collection, We are recommending you to create use Query Rule. Query rule will allow automatic updating. Direct rule will not update automatic, only if Delete From the SCCM database, it will remove.
To Create IP Base Collection
Create New device collection > Give the name > Limit to All system > Next
Query Rule > Give the name > Edit Query Statement > Criteria > Select
In the Select Attribute Window,
- Attribute Class : System Resource
- Attribute : IP Addresses
In the Criterion Properties window
Change the Operator Value to “is like”
In the Value box give the required IP rage and end of the segment Put the Percentage symbol (%)
Then Press OK to Finished
After that press the update membership icon to forcefully update the collection.
To learn more about SCCM